Main reason I like to bounce writing ideas off people: like with cryptography, an individual can only write a plot as complex as their own intelligence level. You can’t create a code you can’t break and you can’t write a plot you can’t guess the outcome of.
Rules: In a text post, list ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard — they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have touched you. Tag [ten] friends, including me, so I’ll see your list. Make…
Ok lets do this! This took way too long for me to figure out because I haven’t read for fun in over 2 years - damn you nursing school.
1. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - I read them all in a little over 3 weeks in middle school. My greatest accomplishment
2. The Chronicles of Narnia - my brother and I read through them together
3. The Great Gatsby
4. Bloody Jack - this girl is one of my favorite heroines and I don’t know why she isn’t more popular because she’s badass.
5. Revenge of the Sith novelization by Matthew Stover (OMG MATTHEW STOVER MAKES ME HAVE ALL THE FEELINGS - don’t judge you know you love it.)
7. Peter Pan - i was in the play in middle school and I had a HUGE crush on Jeremy Sumpter when the movie came out
8. The Black Stallion my husband’s name is Alec Ramsey. You don’t get to live out your child fantasy more than that.
9. Misty of Chincoteague - I wanted to live there and have a pony so badly
10. A Grief Observed - one of my favorite CS Lewis books
“Then there is the case of Mara Jade Skywalker. Probably the most prominent EU female character and possible most prominent EU character period. Mara Jade was a great character and worked great as a foil to Luke Skywalker. The way her character was taken in Sacrifice (by one of my favorite authors) didn’t work for me and didn’t seem proper for the character. If you re-read the Hand of Thrawn duology and the subsequent EU the defining characteristic of the relationship between Luke and Mara is the depth of their love and total naked knowledge of each other. To think that Mara would go off to chase down Jacen without Luke or even discussing it with him first was simply insane and out of character to me.”—So true - http://lightsaberrattling.blogspot.com/2012/05/gender-and-star-wars-expanded-universe.html (via anythingtomakeyoustay)
Where are the rest of the women in Episode VII? Just “be patient!”
Today’s casting announcement was indeed very welcome. Finally, we have a confirmed cast, or at least the biggest part of one. We have a group of familiar faces and new actors who come with glowing recommendations, and they’re not all white guys. (Just mostly.)